This top product from Braun now includes three distinct features and orients itself perfectly to the old Braun Series 7. In the Braun Series 9 stable you will find different models that have different features. For example, the Cleaning station is not available in the Braun Series 9040s and 9030s but all the Braun Series 9 shavers have the full washability features.
In addition, only the Braun Series 9 9040s has the Wet & Dry feature. Although the Braun 9040s does not have the Cleaning and charging station like the Braun 9090cc, it is waterproof and can be used in the shower
At the current price of $260 it is much cheaper than the Braun 9090cc, but also has fewer features. Let us now look at the Braun 9040s in more depth to see if the price matches its performance and how it holds up to the other shavers in the series.
- Braun has developed very advanced technologies on its shavers which has made the previous series such as the 7 shavers to be very successful. Most of these improvements have been included in the Braun Series 9 9040s.
- The movable cutter head has 4 shear elements and together with the Sonic technology (which provides micro-vibration), it is able to deliver up to 40,000 movements per minute.
- This not only ensures fast and therefore gentle skin shaving, but it is also primarily intended to help in the detection of every instance of hair growth. Another feature that is present in the previous Braun Series 7 models is the OptiFoil System which helps in lifting hairs as well as removing them.
- The number of accessories that comes with the Braun Series 9 9040s as compared to the 9095cc, 9090cc or even the 9050cc is quite limited. Apart from the actual electric shaver, there is a just a travel case, power cord and the standard small cleaning brush that comes as standard.
- You will, therefore, have to do without the very useful Cleaning Station as found in the 9090cc. However, since the Braun 9040s is completely waterproof cleaning it under a tap or shower is possible and nothing stands in the way.
- The battery level is displayed on a LED display – it does not have the one-minute display that is standard in the higher brands.
- Just like its bigger siblings, the 9040s shaving head moves I five directions. It allows the setting of a fixed angle which makes shaving of difficult areas such as the neck much easier.
Brown Series9 9040s perspective
Braun Series 9 9040s Test Result – Few Accessories but convincing performance
- The Braun Series 9 9040s has a sleek looking piano black with blue highlights. Except for the shaving head, the shaver consists entirely of plastic but that is really not a disadvantage.
- Nevertheless, the shaver is very good in the hand and gives a very high-quality shaving finish. Although it is not equipped with a charging station, it still has the appropriate charging contacts on the outer side. This is not really a disadvantage as maybe a completely enclosed housing might not be as beautiful.
- The spring-loaded cutting head glides smoothly over the skin and adapts perfectly to the contours of the face. It is well designed and handles hairs in such difficult parts as the upper lip, chin and neck easily.
- On average, the shaving is done after about 5-10 minutes without any strain to the skin. If one uses the 9040s as a wet razor with foam or mild cleansing cream, the results are clean and very impressive.
- One minor drawback of the 9040s in contrast to other dry shavers is that it cannot be operated with the AC power cord connected. When the battery is empty, you must wait for at least 5 minutes for the quick charge to take effect before you can continue shaving.
- In most Braun shavers, the long-hair trimmer is traditionally mounted at the back of the shaver and is only pushed out when necessary. It is quite narrow but works well with sideburns. For larger areas, however, it has limited use.
- The included travel case is well made and protects the Braun Series 9 9040s shaver especially when traveling. The shaver head does not come with a plastic cap which might be a problem during travels.
- If you do not mind the fact that this shaver does not come with a cleaning station, the 9040s is not very expensive and you will be guaranteed to get the best quality wet/dry shaver in the market today.
Conclusion – Braun Series 9040s
The 9040s fits comfortably in the hands and is not as heavy as it looks. Charging does not last long and the charge will hold for longer than three consecutive shaves. When it comes to shaving beard growth that is longer than four days, this shaver will easily tackle it with no effort at all. In fact, on the first pass, you will already start seeing remarkable results that from a distance seem to be satisfactory. To achieve a truly remarkable shave, you will need to go over the skin a few more times.
Cleaning is by simply rinsing under running water, brushing regularly and also applying a drop of oil once in a while. It is a boon that the device does not come with a cleaning station as this saves you space in the bathroom, not to forget that you will need to buy cartridges every now and then. By choosing the Braun 9040s, you will extremely satisfied despite the fact that it is on the lower spectrum of the Braun Series 9 shavers. While it is still highly-priced compared to other similar shavers, its performance by far justifies its cost. This shaver is a worthy investment that is guaranteed to serve you for years to come.