The Braun Series 7 799cc has been in top position ever since it was revealed and it proves to be a true all-rounder. Just like other shavers in the Braun family, the 799cc exhibits class, quality workmanship, and stylish design. In contrast to other devices, the Braun 7 799cc-6wd cc4 wet & dry shaver can not only be used as dry shaver but for wet shaving as well.
All the devices in the Braun Series 7 use the so-called Sonic technology. According to the manufacturer, over 10,000 micro-vibrations ensure that the whiskers are erected and better captured by the shaving head.
The individualized shave is achieved through different comfort settings via Sensitive Normal to provide intensive care. This allows the Braun Series 7 799cc-6wd cc4 wet & dry shaver to adjust to individual needs depending on facial hair and skin type.
- The Braun Series 7 799cc comes with a docking station that is used for charging the battery as well as maintaining and cleaning the shaver. This Clean & Charge system requires a special cleaning cartridge to operate and which cleans the shaving unit leaving it with a fresh lemon smell and nourishing oils.
- Each of the cleaning cartridges included with the purchase of the 799cc will last for about 3-5 months. Other items included in the package include a charging cable, a cleaning brush and a handy travel case in a box.
- In addition to the normal shaving, the 799cc can also be used for beard care. This is through the use of an integrated long hair trimmer which can be activated by a simple handle.
- The power source is a Lithium-ion battery whose charge level is indicated on the side of the shaver. When using the Clean & Charge System, the progress of the cleaning process is clearly indicated on the device.
- The shaver is completely waterproof and allows for manual cleaning with water. But thanks to the automatic cleaning using the charging station, this is not really necessary. When the Braun is a pure dry shaver, you can use it as a wet shaver, for example in the shower.
- Braun Series 7 799cc-6wd cc4 wet & dry shaver packaging.
Test Result – Very good workmanship and clean shave
The operation of the Braun Series 7 799cc sets the standards when it comes to electric shavers. Like other devices in the Braun Series 7 range, this one is quite heavy in the hand. There are no loose or rattling parts and everything feels like it is of high quality.
Thanks to the rubberized surface, it does not slip out of your hand even when using it in the shower. The screen at the back shows the current battery and cleaning status. It is not critical, but it is quite a useful gimmick.
Premium performance at a premium price? The Braun Series 7 799cc-7 answers this question with a clear YES.
The shaver is charged and cleaned in only one hour. This is very convenient for me because I shave daily for around three minutes means I need to clean it every three to four days. I always carry the Braun Series 7 799cc-6WD shaver whenever am a vacation as its battery lasts for almost two weeks without needing recharging.
The clean & Charge station does its job perfectly. After the shaver is placed in the station, it starts charging the batteries and the option of cleaning is now available by simply pressing a button.
Depending on the degree of contamination, cleaning is very quick or may take a little more time. Either way, the Braun 799cc is always sparkling clean and smelling nice out of the station and is ready for the next use.
The necessary cleaning cartridges are available as an accessory which means there will be a regular running cost for the device. Braun recommends 4 cartridge changes per year which equivalent to just over $30 a year. Bargain hunters may find a way of reducing cost by simply cleaning under running water after each use and maybe using the station only 1-2 times per week. Either way, the Clean & Charge Station is a handy device.
It is hard to whether the 10,000 micro-vibrations are more of a marketing gimmick or the 799cc does actually catch as much hair. The fact is, however, it does just that in our test and the longer stubble is easy to detect. The shaver also glides smoothly over your face thanks to the vibrations.
The chin, neck area, upper lip and all difficult to access areas are easily accessible. There is very little pressure on the skin and the result is absolutely convincing. The option of using the Braun Series 7 799cc as a wet shaver is not a buying decision, but quite practical. If for example, you wanted to save time you would shave and shower at the same time.
At around $260, the Braun Series 7 799cc is definitely not a bargain but for that amount, you get an absolutely top-class device and shaving experience. The appliance and accessories are of very high quality and the thoroughness of the shave is second to none.
While the price may be discouraging to some, the performance more than makes up for it. In terms of design, only the 2D Philips shaver can give the 799cc any meaningful competition. On the other hand, the Braun design is more mature than that of Philips.
The cleaning station is quite effective and fast but is more unappealing than the other versions such as the Braun Series 5. Overall, a very worthy shaver indeed.