Those are among the most pertinent considerations that one has to keep in mind before buying warmers. There are many different brands of hot lather machines and shaving cream dispensers but the best known and loved brand is Conair. There have been many customer reviews over the years and based on these we are able to give you the Best-rated shaving cream warmers.
Before deciding to purchase your heated gel or lather dispenser, there are a number of questions you will need to ask yourself:
- How much will it cost?
- How well does the dispenser fit with the different types of cans?
- How convenient and easy is it to use?
- How long does it last before needing replacement?
- How fast does the warmer heat the shaving cream?
There is nothing as enjoyable as experiencing a comfortable shave at home. This machine ensures that you will not have to frequent your barber again because you will get the same feeling right at the comfort of your home.
The Conair HLM11CH can only be described as the HLM10 on steroids. Everything from the controls to the speed of heating is a step higher than the HLM10. That is not to mention that the HLM11 comes in a chrome finish that gives it that professional and classy look. So if you do not mind the price point and want a really great product, follow the link to Amazon below where you will see even more reviews, ratings, and discounts.
- Enjoy a smooth, comfortable barbershop-style shave at home.
- This Conair hot lather machine is a chrome finish and complements the bathroom decor.
- It is specially designed for one-handed use and Lather heats up in one minute.
- Works with any brand standard or large size shaving cream cans.
- User-friendly controls are easy to use.
- Fast heat-up time of less than a quarter an hour.
The Conair HLM10 hot lather machine is a premium product within the Conair range of warmers that is in a class of its own. Unlike the HGL1NR which is priced in the $23 -$28 range depending on the seller, you buy from on Amazon, the HLM10 costs anything in the range of $143 to $150, again depending on the seller.
What sets this hot foam dispenser apart from the rest of the other warmers is that it heats the whole can rather than just the top part. This is achieved through heating coils that are located around the side of the can holder. What this means is that the shaving form is evenly heated and will, therefore, give a more pleasant shaving experience.
Because the Conair HLM10 takes a little longer to reach its optimal heat, it is advisable to plug it in at least five minutes before you begin your shave. But once it reaches is the right temperature, the wait will be surely worth it.
Don’t let the low price and modest materials of this machine fool you – it delivers where it matters. Why spend hundreds of dollars on a hot lather machine when you can get all the functionality for less than $30? After all, what you want is a warm and comfortable shave. While there have been some complaints as regards the warmer and head nozzle coming off at first use, these have been few and far between and could have been attributed to lapses in quality control on the factory side.
Most reviews have been positive and attest to the fact that the Conair brand is the best you can get for your money. Moreover, any previous design and functionality problems have been addressed in the new and improved product that is now on offer.
Another positive aspect of the warmer is that you can use it with most cans, be it Barbasol, Gillette or the myriad of other shaving creams in the market today. In fact, you can remove the container and fix just the warmer head which is the functional part of the machine.
To get a consistent gel all the time, it is advisable to shake the can (while connected to the warmer) at least after every second shave.
- Conair Gel & lather heating system provides a hot, smooth, close, and comfortable shave experience.
- Instantly heats your favorite shaving gel or lather.
- Interchangeable nozzles; 1 for gel and 1 for lather.
- Great for ladies’ shaves too.
- Variable temperature control preserves gel consistency.
When you using this shaving cream warmer, you have to be alive to the fact that the temperature will start decreasing immediately it is dispensed. If you leave it out long enough before using, the hot lather will definitely become cold and this has been the reason why some people complain that the warmer is not doing its job. It is, therefore, necessary to be adequately prepared so that you can use the hot lather straight out of the dispenser when it is warmest so as to enjoy its full benefits.
The Conair HGL1 as its name suggests can be used for both gel and lather and has the appropriate setting depending on what you are using. A consistent question that people ask often is whether this warmer can be used with different sized cans. Yes, it can, but you will have to confirm whether the size of the shaving cream top matches that of the warmer. Sometimes just looking at the can holder might give the impression that it does not fit. A quick way of finding out of the shaving cream can you have will fit into the holder of the Conair HGL1 is to compare its top with other regular-sized cans. It is the top that goes into the warmer holder and that is what matters, not the size of the container.
- It gives you one of the smoothest, most comfortable shaves you’ve ever had, but one of the best.
- Hot lather softens whiskers so that there’s less irritation during close shaves, less tugging and pulling.
- Fits your favorite shaving gel can. Great for ladies shaving too.
- Attractive storage cylinder for a neat countertop appearance. 120V Plug-in operation.
- The black cylinder eliminates water spots that show up on chrome versions of this product.
While these devices make a lot of promises as to its efficacy, most of the reviews we have seen point to glaring flaws in the device. While a number of users are obviously happy with its performance, the negative reviews are telling indeed. The number one common complaint with the CA9000 is the fact that it does not attain an acceptable level of heat. Some reviewers have termed the result as lukewarm and are very unhappy with the outcome.
Another complaint is that the CA9000 shaving system stopped working altogether after only one or two times. In addition to this, the shaving cream was leaking from the side and in some cases was not coming off the device even after several tries. It is our intention to bring you reviews of the best shaving cream and shaving gel warmers and this is a product we highly discourage you from purchasing. At around $40, the CA9000 is quite pricey given the fact that the other products reviewed here are much, much better at a lower price.
- Hot Lather or Gel warming dispenser.
- Variable temperature control.
- Upright design requires minimal counter space.
- Black and Grey’s coloring complements most decor.
If you need to buy a really good shaving cream warmer for hot lather machine, the other products we have reviewed here are a much better option.
As mentioned in the earlier reviews of the Conair HLM10 and HGL1NR, these shaving cream warmers are able to accommodate different types of cans so long as they can fit into the warmer head. This means that it is not necessary to have the can holder as the head is the one that does the actual heating.
This is where the Compact Gel Cap comes in. The cap is basically a shaving cream warmer without the can holder. In addition to this, it has an adjustable collar which means that it can fit any can size. The device also has a Multi-region ability when it comes to a power supply in that it is compatible with the different power systems.
- Heats up in minutes.
- Universal collar adjusts to all can sizes and brands.
- Automatic dual voltage for worldwide travel and Ready light indicator.
- Temperature control preserves the consistency of a gel.
Just like the HGM15 compact gel cap, the Conair Lather cap is able to accommodate a variety of can types and sizes. It is specifically intended for lather, unlike the HGM15 which is meant for shaving gel. The dual voltage system of the HLM5CS also means that it is compatible with both the US and international power systems. A distinct feature of the gel cap that sets it up from the other heaters is the fact that it can heat the shaving foam in less than a minute.
- Works with travel & regular size cans of shaving cream.
- Remove Can Dispenser Cap and Place Lather Cap over Aerosol Straw.
- This product as a p1 1/4″ Opening. 3.5″ Diameter x 2″ H.
- Heats up in less than 1 minute and it as a Worldwide dual voltage.
The Chromatique is another hot lather machine that is also targeted for heavy commercial use that is appropriate for barbershops as well as users who want a professional feel to their shaving experience. It consistently heats the shaving foam which will always come in a thick and unadulterated form, unlike some other machines which end up denaturing the product either because of too much heat or inconsistent output.
One is able to use the device throughout the day without needing to constantly wash it which is a plus given the busy nature of barbershops.
- Dispenses smooth hot barber quality shaving cream.
- Large 680ml no mess bottle – Easy to fill, easy to maintain.
- Fast heat-up time with thermostat control for your ideal heat setting (please allow 30min upon filling the unit).
- 1-year limited warranty and 100% badger shaving brush & 8oz Lather Concentrate.
This is another commercial hot lather machine that is more designed for barbershops than for home use though, with our Heated Lotion Dispenser, your skin is smooth and smooth. The heated lotion pump can relieve dry, stressed skin and reduce signs of aging and sun damage by taking your lotion to the next level.
Its price is comparable to the others we have already reviewed and at $110 will not be a strain on your finances given its high capacity.
- Gently warms your favorite lotion in 2 minutes.
- Works with any hand or body lotion (not included).
- The warm lotion penetrates deeply to moisturize and revitalize stressed skin.