The Beard trimmer is an extremely useful tool in the men’s grooming kit. A trimmer can clean up the winter beard you’ve been working on, making it look intentional and respectable. When you choose not to be wash-shaven, it can also help you get a closer trim which looks nice. It’s easy to use and keep your beard trimmer. You can get a good trim and clean your trimmer in minutes, from changing guards to keeping the blades oiled.
Growing a beard needs so much more than just growing a beard, you know. Things may have been different back in the day when you had a beard and you spent a lot of time. It might seem counter-intuitive to trim your beard if your ultimate goal is the length, but a little bit of pruning goes a long way during the difficult stages of growth.
Beard Trimming Tools:
How to Trim Your Beard:
Method 1: Cleaning and Preparation
1. Wash your beard thoroughly.
It’s important to start with a clean, dry beard. The facial hair is just as sticky as the hair on your head, so make sure it’s clean and safe. Scrub your beard with shampoo in the sink or shower, then pat it dry with a towel. Avoid shampoos that dry out your skin.
2. Prepare your beard to trim
Take a wide-tooth comb and brush the beard against the grain to lift the hair out of its default position. This will give you the most even trim and stop the hair from growing in various directions.
3. Comb your beard
Combining removes tangles and makes the hair easier to cut. Following the grain of natural growth of your beard, direct your comb through the hair that grows along one side of your jawline. Start with your nose, move down to your chin. Don’t “fluff out” the beard by combing the grain. Comb your beard straight away. You can always fluff out your beard with your hands later.
4. Begin cutting in front of a large mirror.
Make sure you have everything you need: scissors or clippers, a comb, a towel, and any items you want to use. You’re also going to need a reachable outlet if you’re using an electric clipper. A multi-angle or three-way mirror can help you see the hard-to-reach areas of your beard.
5. Prepare a receptacle for the beard trimmings.
Clogging the sink with tiny hair is a good way to irritate your housemates. It’s also difficult and frustrating to clean them up after the fact. Avoid irritating clean-up by doing some research ahead of time.
- Get a small bin to catch your hair loose.
- Put out a newspaper or a towel to catch your hair.
- When you have a clear portable mirror, trim your beard outside. Discarded hair is just going to blow away.
Method 2: Beard Trimming with Electric Clippers
1. Select a guard.
Most of the beard trimmer clippers come with a few plastic snap-on guards. The guards ensure that the length you want is even-no one wants to cut their beard too short. If you’re not sure which of the two guards is better, first start with the long attachment. After that, you can always go back over the beard with a shorter cover, but if you shave too short, you can’t put it back on. Switch the trimmer on and under gentle but firm pressure, trim each side of your face, work along the grain with short, smooth strokes.
2. Trim your mustache and chin.
Begin under your nose and travel to the corner of your mouth, then continue to your chin. Pay special attention to places that are difficult to reach directly under your nose. Keep your mouth closed to avoid a hairy mouth. It may be easier to trim the mustache separately with the scissors, depending on the length of your beard.
3. Finish the trim with a clean edge.
Remove the guard from the trimmer and cut across your neckline to remove the remaining hair from your neck. Use the jaw as a straight edge. You can also lather and shave your neck if you like, depending on how you like it. Some prefer a clean cut-off line for their beard, while others prefer a soft neck stubble.
Method 3: Trimming with Scissors
Choose a pair of sharp, clean scissors, preferably barber scissors. The scissors are a good method for shortening the beard, but they require a skilled hand for finer details, such as thinning or shaping. Make sure that the scissors are rust-free and have no major flaws or notches in the blades that can lift or pull your hair. Do not use kitchen scissors or garden shears. We could be too big and slow to move. You don’t want to cut yourself off.
1. Use a comb as a guide.
This will prevent you from cutting your beard hair too short. Try to imitate the way a barber gathers his hair in a comb, then clips it lightly. Comb from your ear to your jaw, exposing a small amount of hair. Using caution when taking this step Start by trimming very short hair lengths-you can easily decide to trim more, but it’s impossible to correct the mistake if you accidentally trim too much.
- Repeat the process on the other side of your face. Continue to cut the beard uniformly until you have achieved the desired length. Cut the beard and the nose.
- Comb your hair straight down. In a straight line, cut any hair that comes below your lip line.
- Finish with a clean edge. Using extra care, use the scissors to trim your hair as close as possible to your neck.
Method 4: Shaving Close for Clean Lines
Some beard trimmer styles produce dramatic contrasts with smooth, abrupt lines where the hair ends and the skin begins. Even if you’re not trying to dazzle anybody, you might still want to wash your facial hair every once in a while. It can be as simple as removing unwanted neck hair from a standard beard or as painful as leveling off your sideburns to match them perfectly! Whatever the case, have an action plan in advance-razors are shaving all the way down to the skin, so big mistakes can completely change your style.
Have a razor. Shaving needed a well-maintained straight razor in the distant past. What you use to keep your lines clean is up to you – the safety razors are cheap, easy and convenient, but some prefer the elegance and precision of the classic straight razor.
Here are some common methods:
- Splash some of the hot water on your head. If you’ve got a soft beard (or you’re just brave), no other preparation is needed, although you might want to repeat it as needed to keep your beard warm and wet.
- Using lather and hot water. This is the most frequently used form. Sprinkle hot water on your face as above, then focus on the places you want to shave to shave cream or oil into a lather. Let it sit for a minute or two if you have time-your shave is going to be even more relaxed.
- Use your hot towel. If you have time, this method can be very relaxing. Wrap a warm, wet towel around your head to cover your beard. Allow the wrap to sit down until it’s cool. Remove, add the lather and shave it.
- Make your first stroke a half-inch away from the beard line.
- Shave down your desired beard line.
- Repeat for the other side of your face.
- Remove any remaining lather and rinse your face with cold water.
Method 5: Beard Styles and Variations
A full beard is also perfect for those whose skin is irritated by shave or who don’t have time to shave. The flexibility of style and compatibility with different face shapes proves a flexible beard style that also needs a little maintenance. The long beard styles are having different forms and one can select hairstyle and beard style according to the face shape.
There’s not even the majority of people’s ears, so using them as a level will make your facial hair uneven. It is recommended that you take a step back to try to fit your sideburns in the mirror as best you can. If not, find a mate to help even them out.
How To Trim Your Beard Using Trimmer
- Comb it out: Settle all your hair in one direction. Comb everywhere, including the bottom beard Trimming and the mustache.
- Using clippers for even cutting: if the length shown here is to be retained (half an inch), try setting number 4. If you’re not sure, just start your way down with a bigger video. Growing this volume as your beard grows.
- Fade your neck and cheeks: Graduate to smaller clipper settings (starting at two lower sizes) as you move outward.
- Trim the mustache properly: first, add all the hair to the side and put on the setting you need.
- Use the scissors for detailing: clean the strays and offer yourself a more natural finish.
- Finish with beard oil or a beard moisturizer: it will keep your hair clean and stop it from drying and scratching.
Here some of the best Electric Trimmers for Men
This new, deluxe multi-purpose tool defies the laws of grooming by delivering advanced lithium ion performance in a high tech design, fulfilling the unmet need for one tool with the power to shave, cut, trim and detail. It’s Lithium Ion + technology, which delivers unprecedented run time and power, is complemented by Wahl’s blade design and a series of heads and guide combs that allow guys to groom it all, from head to toe.
- Self-Sharpening Precision Blades – Patented technology provides superior cutting for all hair types & length. The blades are long lasting for quiet performance for outstanding performance in a hair and beard trimmer
- Complete Grooming System – 4 multipurpose attachments are perfect for all facial hair styles: T-Blade, Detail Shaver, Rotary Personal Trimmer, Detail Trimmer. For touch ups between hair clipping & detail shaving, mustaches, sideburns, goatees, stubble, nose, ear, other face & body hair!
- Dual Voltage – This cordless beard and hair trimmer for men is equipped with a long-running lithium ion rechargeable battery usable with 110v and international 220 volt.
- The perfect travel choice in a hair and beard trimmer for men
- Buy Today – Wahl Clipper is the #1 brand of beard trimmers & hair clippers. The brand of professional beard trimmers used by professionals since 1919, our made in the USA trimmer includes all the tools for a perfect look.
- Give the Gift of Quality – Beard trimmers for men makes a great personal gift! Dads, husbands, and boyfriends will love this top-rated precise self-care trimmer for any occasion.
Lithium Ion+ Features:
- Quick 60 Second Charge for 3 Minutes of Run Time.
- Fast 1 Hour Full Charge for up to 4 Hours of Run Time.
- 12 Included Attachment Guards.
- Worldwide Adapter 110V, 220V, Dual Voltage.
- Double The Power of Previous Generations.
- Made In The USA.
Braun is an iconic German brand specialised in world-class precision shavers. It is globally recognised for its simple, intuitive design and outstanding product performance. Trusted by men everywhere, Braun is the world’s #1 foil shaver brand. All Braun shavers go in straight, intuitive strokes so you don’t need to circle over the same spot twice, helping to minimize skin irritation.
The specialised cutting elements are pressure sensitive and protected by a patented metal mesh (SensoFoil) for a clean and close shave with outstanding skin comfort.
- 3-in-1 tool to shave, trim and edge
- Clean shave: 3-pressure sensitive shaving elements for efficiency and skin comfort**Versus Braun Series 3. Tested on 3 day beard.
- Even trim: 5 combs 1-7mm for a masculine 3-day beard look. Running/Charging time: Full charge in 1 hour for 45 min. of shaving time. 5-min Quick charge is enough for one shave
- Precise edge: Exchangeable trimmer head for accurate shaping
- Wet&Dry shaver for use with water, foam or gel. MicroComb technology; Automatic voltage adaptation.
Philips Norelco OneBlade Face + Body is a revolutionary grooming technology designed for facial styling and body grooming. It can trim, edge and shave any length of hair.
Its dual protection system – a glide coating combined with rounded tips – makes shaving easier on your skin. At the same time, its shaving technology features a fast-moving cutter (200x per second). This unique combination gives you a shave that’s both efficient and comfortable – even on longer hairs. OneBlade does not shave as close as a traditional blade, so your skin stays comfortable.
- Philips Norelco OneBlade Face plus Body is a revolutionary grooming tool with technology designed for facial styling and body grooming; It can trim, edge and shave any length of hair.
- The unique OneBlade shaving technology integrates a fast moving cutter (200x per second) with a dual protection system to give you both an efficient and comfortable shave, even on longer hairs.
- Includes 2 blades (one for your face and one for your body), 4 stubble trimming combs, 1 body trimming comb, and 1 skin guard for extra protection while shaving sensitive areas.
- Use it how you’d like: dry or wet, with or without foam, even in the shower.
- The rechargeable Lithium ion battery delivers the power of corded operation without the hassle of a cord; 60 minutes of continuous use with each charge.
The Philips Norelco body groom 1100 allows you to conveniently and safely trim hair below the neck. The integrated skin protector guards your skin while you trim, while the bi-directional trimmer lets you seamlessly cut hair in both directions. One 3mm comb is included so you can evenly trim longer hairs.
Comfortably trim unwanted body hair with the Philips Norelco Bodygroomer 1100. Ideal for trimming underarms, chest, and other sensitive areas, this grooming tool for men protects skin while it trims. It cuts hair in both directions to 1/64 inch and includes a 1/8-inch comb for longer looks. Its waterproof design allows you to use it in or out of the shower. For optimal performance, use on dry hair. T
- Includes one AA battery, for up to 2 months use.
- Integrated skin protector guards your skin while you trim.
- Bi-directional trimmer seamlessly cuts hair in both directions.
- 3mm comb comfortably trims longer hair.
- Showerproof for easy use and cleaning. Shower cord for easy storage.
- Guard protects skin while you trim.
- Catches and cuts hair in both directions up to 1/64-inch.
- Includes 1/8-inch attachment for longer looks.
- Can be used in or out of the shower.
- Battery-operated, maintenance-free design.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 offers exceptional value for your grooming needs. With tempered steel cutting blades that self-sharpen and won’t rust, this durable trimmer includes impact-resistant cutting guards, a steel reinforced motor, and a powerful lithium-ion rechargeable battery delivering up to 3 hours of run time.
The blades and guards can be rinsed clean, and the device comes with a 45 day risk-free trial and a full 2-year warranty. Not for use in the shower. The trimmer includes 18 pieces to trim your face, head and body hair. Contents include steel trimmer, steel Detailer, nose and ear Trimmer, extra-wide hair trimmer, 3 Beard trimming guards, 2 stubble trimming guards, 6 hair trimming guards, 2 Body trimming guards, accessory travel storage bag, and cleaning brush.
- All in 1 trimmer for face, head and body styling: 18 pieces for all your trimming needs
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology includes 2x more self sharpening blades that remain after 4 years of use
- Lithium battery delivers 3 hours of cordless run time, or use while plugged in for continuous use
- To deliver maximum torque and power, the trimmer includes a full metal motor and a drive train that’s been reinforced with tempered steel
- Our unique cutting guards are reinforced with ultra strong fiberglass material to prevent bending and buckling, ensuring an even trim every time; Blade material: steel
Additional Beard Trimmer Tips:
- Trim your beard when it’s dry: you’ll get a better sense of what it’s going to look like.
- Invest in a good pair of clippers: they’re going to last a lot longer and are going to last a lot longer.
- Do not assume that all guards are the same length: the dimensions of each brand are slightly different as with clothing.
- If you cut the underside, spread out the hair: the skin of the neck can be wrapped together, so be sure to graze over the actual surface of the skin.